To Darkness Fled Book Review
To Darkness Fled
*Warning! This review may contain spoilers for the first book in the series, By Darkness Hid! Proceed at your own risk!!!* Achan, Vrell, Sir Gavin, and the Kingsguard knights travel in ...
Warning! This review contains spoilers for the first book in the series, By Darkness Hid! Haven’t read it yet? Check out my review here:
– Minimal, if any.
Sexual: Spoilers in this section!!!
– There is some brief, but passionate kissing.
– *Spoiler* Sir Gavin asks Vrell if a man took advantage of her. There are a couple similar instances of awkwardness.
– As in the first book, there is some sword fighting.
– There is the occasional grotesque description of wounds/blood.
– Similar to the first book, Arman represents God. This book is a little bit darker than its predecessor.
– Characters occasionally drink.
Engaging and fast-paced, this book continues the story from the first book but adds immense depth. The writing is descriptive and the story compelling. Achan and Vrell’s characters continue to develop and the changing POVs are consistent and easy to follow. Vrell’s journey is especially compelling as she wrestles with duty, calling, freedom, and selflessness. The next book is equally amazing and does a wonderful job of ending the series!
Themes: Light vs. dark, good vs. evil, love, bravery, chivalry, heroism, selflessness
I’m a part of the Amazon Affiliates Program. If you purchase To Darkness Fled from one of these links, I may receive a small commission. Thanks so much!